- Custom kitchen remodel
- Custom master bath remodel
- Great room addition
- Solid Oak with custom grey glaze
- Fantasy white marble kitchen countertops
- Kitchen cabinets are solid maple
- Tongue and groove beam ceilings
- HER bathroom features Carrara marble mosaic flooring and countertop, marble shower, custom niche and bench, and frameless shower glass doors
- HIS bathroom is blanketed in honed marble pebbles and features a walk-in doorless shower, separate modern 22 inch deep soaking tub, porcelain walls, a true “wet” room
THE STORY BEHIND THE PROJECT
This home encountered a tremendous transformation! The original layout of the main living space of the home consisted of 3 rooms: living room, dining room, and kitchen. Everything was separated by walls. In the center of the home was an open-air atrium. The main living space felt very compartmentalized and dark- especially since the ceilings were only 8 feet high.
I set out to open up the home. I took down walls, expanded the kitchen into the former atrium of the home, and added as many windows and skylights as I could. I even built a custom portal window to catch a glimpse of the Back Bay. I also exposed a 17 foot peaked roof as we opted for vaulted ceilings to brighten up the new great room.
© 2019 JULIE LAUGHTON DESIGN BUILD AND JLGC LICENSE #903819