- Full scale exterior and interior remodel
- Kitchen countertops are Calcutta marble, complimented by shaker cabinets
- Bathroom flooring features a Carrera marble classic hexagon design with custom border
- Bathroom equipped with exposed shower fixtures and rain shower, extra large shower with bench
- Guest bedroom/ office includes a custom hidden daybed and built-in desk and armoire
THE STORY BEHIND THE PROJECT
This Balboa Peninsula vintage cottage charmer underwent a full scale remodel. I refreshed the exterior, maintaining the integrity of the original historical design. Inside the home, I kept the original solid oak flooring and applied a faux grey glaze. The kitchen and bathrooms were given modern luxuries like Calcutta marble countertops in the kitchen, and a vaulted tray ceiling in the master bathroom. In order to keep with the 1920s beach cottage charmer theme, special attention was given in making certain decisions. Some examples include the decisions to use bin pulls for easy operation in the kitchen, and wall mounted sink faucets in the bathrooms.
© 2018 JULIE LAUGHTON DESIGN BUILD AND JLGC LICENSE #903819